Wednesday, January 27, 2010

From the web (more!)

Los Angeles Wedding Bootcamp – Get down and gimme… Shoes?

http://ringaroundtheroses.wordpress.com/

26 01 2010

When I first heard about the LA Wedding Bootcamp hosted by Wedding Salon and Hansen Cakes, of course I had visions of blushing brides sweating out drill-seargent style to various aerobic moves. I scored tickets through Twitter (Thanks, Wedding Salon!) and thankfully learned that the event would be sweat-free! The intimate bridal fair was largely based on a Q&A type panel, with a moderator asking industry questions of seasoned pros like photographers, invite designers and wedding planners.

Though all of the speakers were interesting, my favorite was Jen of Jen and Kim Shoes. My size-11 Fred Flinstone feet have always deprived me of the opportunity to have beautiful shoes, but that doesn’t mean I don’t drool over Louboutins or Choos like any normal city gal. Jen makes custom shoes, and she told us about some great tricks for anytime you pop on a pair! Read below for some of Jen’s savvy tips!

http://ringaroundtheroses.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/about-us-pic.jpg?w=251&h=300

Sexy shoes from JenandKimShoes.com !

1) Always go shoe shopping in the evening. Your feet swell during the day, so shopping at night ensures there won’t be any snug surprises when you wear new shoes for the first time all day!

2) If you’re going to be wearing a second pair of shoes at an event, ie after a wedding ceremony, pop the spare pair in the freezer. The shoes will be nice and cool, and revitalize your tired tootsies!

3) If you ever spill anything on Satin, do not use water to try to remove the stain as it can leave a water ring. Baby powder works great – use a little bit of powder to gently blot at the stain.

4) Before wearing new shoes, make sure that you’ll be slip-free by scuffing the bottoms. Rub the soles of the shoes on concrete, especially if you plan on cuttin’ a rug on the dance floor. New shoes can sometimes be slippery!

Pretty cool, right?! Another thing I loved about the LA Wedding Bootcamp was the cake sample I had from Hansen Cakes. The buttercream was so thick and delicious, I know I’ll be dreaming about it tonight. I wanted a second piece so bad, but I don’t think my weight watchers plan includes gorging on several slices of wedding cake!

Have you been to any bridal fairs or events lately that turned out to be particularly useful?

No comments: